Settlers Agricultural High School
About our School
Lord Milner’s rural settlement policy after the Boer war of 1899-1902 lead to the founding of an English-speaking community at Settlers. The school started in January 1969 as the only English medium high school in the province offering an agricultural field of study. The first headmaster Mr Bill Acres was here from 1950-1985. He was followed by Mr Spike van Schalkwijk then Mr Danie Steyn, Mr Dennis Simons, Mrs Jenny Escreet and then Mr Gerhard Viljoen.The residences which are named after the founder members from the farming community are Dolly Cleverdon, Tom Law and Brian Stone .Mr Brian Stone is ninety plus and has retired to Bela Bela.The other residence is named after Margret Acres wife to Bill. Margret lives in Pretoria and is seventy plus.
The badge that has an owl sitting on a plough symbolizes wisdom through effort and hard work or knowledge achieved through honest effort.The school motto “non nobis sed posteris” means not for us but for those who are to come after us.
To be in top five of Limpopo best performing schools by 2015
Provide QUALITY holistic balanced education based on sound religious values through well-integrated and innovative emphasis on academic, agricultural, cultural, social and sporting activities.